Monday, February 5, 2007

Some of my layouts

I wanted to post some of my early layouts and some more recent layouts. Lately I have been working on my daughter Evelyn's baby book. It was in the old, what I call peel and stick, photo album. I had been carrying it to crops for years and working on it in bits and pieces. However, last summer I got serious and am determined to finish. I have about 2 more layouts to go.


This is the way I used to scrap. White paper with some color and as many pictures as I could fit on the page. I still take a lot of pictures and like to put a lot of pictures on the page, but have parred it down a bit.

These are some of my more recent layouts. I used the Cricut on some for the titles and extras.

I still like lots of color, but now use color in the background paper and page embellishments.






I have a book for each of my kids, it has their birthdays and special events. Evelyn's now starts with her baby showers. Greg's baby pictures are the next big project. I also have 2 Christmas albums; a school album for both Evelyn and Greg; several vacation albums; an album of our house showing the condition it was when we bought it and through the remodel; an album of our informal wedding pictures and honeymoon; and one or 2 albums for each year beginning with 1998. I also have my own album with photos from my teenage years, high school and some college ;an album for Tom; have done albums for my parents and Tom's parents and many many mini albums.

Future big projects are: Greg's album (he keeps asking to see his); Scotland vacation album; Europe vacation album; and about 6 very dusty childhood albums. Plus the every day stuff (I am current through summer of 2006).

So, I think I have plenty to keep me busy through retirement, whenever that will be :) But I love to scrap. It is my outlet. I can be having the worst day but when I sit down to scrap, I can forget my day and get lost in my pictures and ideas.

I don't have any layouts posted on other websites or entered in contests. That is a goal for another day. My kids and husband love to look through the albums. Whenever we have company over, I conveniently place a scrap book on the coffee table ready for viewing. One day when Tom was home all alone, he said that he went through all the scrapbooks I had done. :) That is my grand prize, just knowing that my family loves to look at my scrap books, well, their scrapbooks, over and over.

No comments: