Monday, February 5, 2007

Just a few tips

I just wanted to post a few tips that are time savers that I like to use. These tips help me get my pages done quicker and saves time at the crop rather than having to organize there.

Before I go to a crop, I like to have my pictures all organized. I match up paper, embellishments, ribbon and whatever else I can think of with the pictures. It does not hurt to throw in extras for just in case. The large zip loc bags work great to hold a layout or several. You can label them by month or event or whatever. This is easy to do in front of the TV at night.

Keep one of these bags on hand at the crop to put in the paper and extra embellishments you don't use. It makes it easier to put things away later. I never seem to get them put back when I am scrapping.

I also keep a journal of what I want to accomplish. This is nothing fancy. A few years ago my neighbor gave me a great journal as a gift. It is now my scrap journal. I keep it hand on my desk. When I think of an idea, or a layout, I jot it down. I write in the date of the future crop I am going to be at and list the pages I have ready to go. When I am done, check them off the list. I stick extra pictures on the pages in my journal too. It also comes in handy for keeping track of all those neat scrap sites out there.

Also with my journal, I can keep track of how many pages I got done and who I was scrapping with. I also like to write notes to myself or my goal for a crop.

I mostly print my own pictures. When I am behind I will use a photo site, like Snapfish or Shutterfly. I like them both. Buy a prepaid package and the pictures are cheaper. I have also heard raves about Costco and Walmart one hour photo. Easy to upload pix to and pick up later. I have used Yahoo too, which makes it easy to pick up pictures at Target when I need them right away.

Happy scrapping everyone. Scrappin' in the OC? You should be. Be sure to check out Crops2Remember.

2 comments:

Jessica Guthrie said...

Very cool .. a blog that's useful to croppers! I dig it. ;)

Jessica Guthrie said...

Very cool! I love the tips! Great idea!